jobby: Production Manager, DHX Studios, Vancouver
DHX Media’s animation studios are recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and for our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. Our staff can dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team of 800+, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About this Position
DHX Studios – Vancouver is seeking an experienced Production Manager to join our team on a brand new 2D animated series! The Production Manager assists the Producer in overseeing the production process, creating the departmental schedules, and directly managing members of the production crew to keep the project on track from a budgeting and scheduling standpoint.
- Managing and organizing all production departments (including design, boards, animation and post) and ensuring work is completed on schedule
- Overseeing the production’s progress, reviewing production reports and flagging any issues to Producer
- Supervising all Production Coordinators
- Maintaining the director’s schedule
- Having your “finger on the pulse” of the production floor
- Liaising with clients and partners
- Liaising with HR on staffing needs and specifics (start/end/salary/terms) and assisting with execution of deal memos
- Coordinating with IT and the Studio Manager regarding the crew’s required work stations and software
- Other projects and tasks as required
- 3+ years of experience coordinating production for animated features and/or television series with a strong knowledge of the 2D animation pipeline
- Experience on Flash shows a strong asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in related field (e.g. Entertainment/Media) desired
- Demonstrated experience in assembling and motivating a talented and diverse crew
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize
Please APPLY at: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oZpV4fw7&s=Canadian_Animation_Resources
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Media team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.