PIP Animation Studios Inc.
Launch your career by graduating with industry experience and add commercial work to your portfolio and demo reel to make yourself more marketable. Working with Ontario colleges by sitting on advisory boards and offering co-op and internship placements to students prior to graduation, PIP’s goal is to help build a better animation community in this ever-growing field.
With 23 years in animation, PIP has had the opportunity to work with giants in entertainment and the privilege of helping future giants get their start. Get your first screen credit as well as hands on mentoring, while refining your skills on our latest series by working with our award-winning crew.
- Co-op placements starting in January for fast-track programs and 3rd year students in the last semester of their 3rd year.
- Co-op & internships over the summer starting in May and ending in August for 3rd year students in 4 year degree programs.
- Hiring is done as employees, with placement contracts ending with the school year, to allow students the opportunity to shop their skills to other studios after graduating.
- Contract extensions will be offered that can commence immediately on graduation.
- Those accepting longer term contracts after graduation will have access to our comprehensive benefit package.
- Artistic passionate and a need to create
- Ability to work with other members of the team remotely and refine your work with feedback by creative directors
- Provide consistent quality and quantity of work on a weekly basis
- Able to meet the scheduled deadlines set by the department supervisor
- Good understanding of the departments needs and requirements including software
Department Specific Requirements
- Builds – excellent drawing skill and good working knowledge of Harmony 20
- Animation – good drawing skill and good working knowledge of Harmony 20
- Storyboards – excellent drawing skills and working knowledge of Storyboard Pro
- Production Layouts – excellent drafting skills, understanding of shot design starting with the characters and a good understanding of Photoshop and/or Clip Studio
- Backgrounds – solid understanding of colour theory and tonal painting for lighting, good brushwork and understand of Photoshop
- Long term contracts
- Hiring status as employee
- Access to our comprehensive benefit package
- Remote working
- In-studio work stations available that meet the current governmental guidelines
- Equipment and software provided as required.
Come join our team and be a part of the next award-winning production
Email: email@example.com with the job title placement you are applying for and your name in the subject. Include a link to your online portfolio, your demo reel and a resume with your full address