Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: TBD; Medical/dental benefits and RRSP plan available.
Positions available: 1
Start Date: Immediately
About Mercury Filmworks:
Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and is internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable, modern animated television and film properties including Mickey Mouse, Wander Over Yonder, Team Hot Wheels, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle, Ruby Gloom, Gerald McBoing Boing, Curious George: The Movie, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, DreamWorks, Warner Bros., Universal, American Greetings, Entertainment One, Mattel, Technicolor, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Teletoon. www.mercuryfilmworks.com
Job Description: We are currently seeking an experienced Line Producer to join our team for an exciting new production with worldwide exposure. This position reports to the V.P. of Production.
The Line Producer will be working with clients and the animation team from pre storyboard designs to the end of the animation process. The position is responsible delivering shows on time and within the budget, and will also be expected to line produce multiple projects at one time.
- Constantly look ahead to avoid production bottlenecks and other potential production problems.
- Liaise daily with external and internal clients and staff.
- Provide status reports to external clients and the V.P. of Production.
- Participate in status meetings with production teams both internal and external.
- Manage Production Managers and motivate departmental heads to ensure quality and stay on schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in line producing, with emphasis on 2D animated media and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post-production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and under pressure.
- Must be highly creative, with the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Production Tracking System (ToonBoom Manager) a strong asset.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com and reference: LP- 0514 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.