Type: Freelance Contract Role – Full Time (No benefits)
Start Date: July 10 / To be confirmed
Contract Length: 24 week / To be confirmed
Rate Range: $1650-$1800 / week Based on Experience
Location Requirement: MUST BE AN ONTARIO RESIDENT AS OF 2022
Union Status: N/A
Possible Accommodations: All interviews are via virtual call so no accommodation is required during the hiring process. Applicants who receive and accept a job offer will have the opportunity to work remotely and our studio will provide software licenses where needed.
Application Deadline: July 17th, 2023
To Apply: Send resume & portfolio via email to email@example.com and use “Senior After Effects Compositor Application” as your subject line.
Our award winning Toronto animation studio is looking for a Senior After Effects Compositor for a very cool and unique 2D/3D animation series,with a hybrid pipeline of 2D characters seamlessly integrated into 3D stylised environments. Content is true crime inspired, graphic and violent in nature. The design style of the show is based on existing individuals and there is a strong sense of realism to the show design. Senior Compositor will interact and collaborate directly with the Creative Director, to establish episodic style, while working with other members of the compositing team.
- Good sense of cinematography to help build the scenes with more of a creative eye.
- Advanced understanding of camera moves, lighting source and direction, to enhance the style and mood of the scenes.
- Work closely with the Director and 3D Environment artists to understand the project’s visual goals, style, and technical requirements.
- Create and composite various elements, including characters, effects, backgrounds, using After Effects and other relevant software tools.
- Apply advanced compositing techniques, such as color, lighting, perspective and camera moves in a highly stylized visual composition of the animated sequences.
- Collaborate with the animation team to ensure smooth integration of the character animations into the composited scenes, ensuring consistency in lighting, shading, and rendering.
- Extensive experience 5+ years working as a Lead/Senior After Effects Compositor, Senior VFX Compositor in the animation or visual effects industry.
- This position extends beyond traditional compositing duties, as it requires the ability to contribute to scene construction with a keen artistic perspective.
- Must have the ability to analyze scenes to achieve desired storytelling and visual impact.
- This position requires a high level of technical expertise in After Effects, a deep understanding of cinematic techniques, and strong artistic sensibilities and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of animation principles and techniques, with the ability to integrate character animations seamlessly into composited scenes.
- Ability to produce high-quality work within designated timeframes. Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary with tight deadlines.
- A great attitude and work ethic. Able to work & communicate efficiently in a motivated milestone-driven, team environment.
- Project is graphic and violent. Strong stomachs needed, and those not easily offended.
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process And Work Environment: At our studio, we uphold inclusivity as a core value and foster a holistic culture that prioritizes the well-being of our team members. We place a strong emphasis on the connection between creative output and personal welfare. Our management adopts an “open door” policy, encouraging open discussions about both personal and work-related challenges. We are dedicated to providing support and assistance, ensuring that individuals have access to the resources they need to thrive.
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Senior After Effects Compositor Application” as your subject line. Be sure to include both your resume and demos/reel/portfolio when applying. Any applications without a reel or portfolio will not be considered.
Little Blackstone Studio would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
MUST BE AN ONTARIO RESIDENT AS OF 2022
About Little Blackstone Studio Inc.
Little Blackstone Studio is a long-form, Emmy nominated animation studio. For more information, please visit our website, https://www.littleblackstone.ca/
Little Blackstone Studio Inc. recognizes and welcomes the chance to establish a team that mirrors the diverse composition of our society and the global community. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com