Working closely with the Producer or equivalent, the Associate Production Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of assigned elements of the show, through production planning, coordination and trouble-shooting. This particular position will require working knowledge of Shotgun and a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the production process.
• Contribute to the management of the overall production schedule including interdepartmental workflow and priorities between 2 studios
• Provide necessary input to help Producer assign appropriate manpower to ensure the production stays on schedule.
• Supervise department coordinators, production assistants and help provide guidance and support to department leads.
• Attend all relevant meetings and approval sessions to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
• Track, document and report on major creative changes that affect schedule to Producer in a timely manner.
• Use interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, promote a collaborative production environment, and foster an atmosphere of cooperation and communication.
• Facilitate inter-department and inter-lead communication.
• Facilitate effective department coordinator and lead partnerships.
• Other duties as required.
• Minimum 3+ years production experience in animation film production or equivalent.
• Experience with all parts of the animation production pipeline, including layout, modeling, shading, animation, effects, lighting, rendering, compositing & post.
• Superior personnel management and team building skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to use positive tone and attitude to diffuse conflict, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment.
• Working knowledge of production techniques and terminology.
• Expert organizational, project management & time management skills.
• Ability to anticipate and deal with an ever-changing production environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure/deadlines.
• Ability to support and focus artists in all disciplines.
• Previous computer experience with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project, spreadsheet and database applications required.
• Proficiency with Shotgun Software is required and Adobe suite (including Flash, PhotoShop and AfterEffects) is preferred.