Type: Contract – remote
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Company Info: Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Stella & Sam, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle, Ruby Gloom, Grossology, Gerald McBoing Boing, Curious George: The Movie, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, Fat Albert, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, American Greetings, Entertainment One, Technicolor, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, CBC, Teletoon, YTV, Family Channel, and Treehouse.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a highly creative Layout & Location Designer to join our team working on a challenging, fast-paced production. This individual must be extremely self-motivated, possess exceptional artistic skills, have an impeccable eye for layout, and great attention to detail. The Layout & Location Designer will work under the guidance of the Layout Supervisor.
- Draft, design, and lay out realistically styled sequences
- Finalize and clean up designs using Photoshop
- Execute changes on designs based on feedback of Art Director
- Demonstrate strong visual interpretation skills
- Keep team informed of potential creative problems
- Ensure that production deadlines are met while maintaining the highest standard of quality
- Work independently and meet all deadlines
- Excellent understanding of perspective and composition
- Ability to communicate well in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism from supervisors then work effectively on an independent basis
- Must possess excellent time management skills with the utmost respect for deadlines
- Highly proficient in Photoshop
- Previous work experience as a layout artist and exposure to animated productions is a definite asset
*All candidates must reside in Ontario, Canada.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: LA-0714 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.