Posting Date: Sept 18, 2014
Closing Date: November 18th, 2014
Location: 110 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for LOCATION DESIGNERS for an exciting new series in development. This role reports directly to the Art Director.
- Work with Director and Art Director to design locations in the style of the show
- Provide multiple views, maps and exploratory designs of your locations
- Create both linear and tonal/painted location designs
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent drawing and painting skills (perspective, interiors, architecture, landscapes)
- A solid understanding of light, shadow and color
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop is a must
- A thorough understanding of location design and a clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Able to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous show experience a must
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with LOCATION DESIGNER in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon.