Type: Full-time Employee
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Positions available: 1
Start Date: Asap
Company Info: Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with European production facilities in Ireland, Mercury Filmworks® is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable, modern animated television and film properties including Mickey Mouse, Wander Over Yonder, Team Hot Wheels, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle and Gerald McBoing Boing; along with several feature films such as Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. The company is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Silvergate Media, Technicolor, and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Active; a boutique digital entertainment studio focused on mobile gaming and digital products, and Mercury Inpress; a publishing and licensing company offering innovative and engaging multi-platform products to families through mass retail partners such as Walmart, Costco, Toys”R”Us, and Target.
Job Description: We are currently seeking an experienced 3D Technical Director to join our team for new productions. This position is an excellent opportunity for those who are motivated and professional. It is a highly independent position in a challenging yet casual, work environment with flexible work hours.
- Contribute to defining workflows, streamlining processes and developing tools for 3D production
- Work closely with the Director, CG Supervisor and Pipeline TD in developing innovative solutions and incorporating new technology
- Find solutions that maintain the required look of the production while minimizing render times
- Create documentation and tutorials relating to technical issues and help train staff on use and best practices
- Ability to identify and communicate possible snags early in asset production
- Maintain a high level of quality while working on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Accountable for the overall technical design; approve overall architecture
- Accountable for the overall performance and efficiency of the production pipeline
- Oversee all internal and external project dependencies, risks, and critical paths; ensure contingency plan is in place; recommend solutions and approve plan and timelines
- Evaluate development teams, identifying strengths, problem areas and develop plans for improving performance
- 5 years of production experience
- Must be well versed in Maya
- Experience with Renderman
- Ability to manage time according to current priorities in an efficient manner
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Ability to lead/mentor/educate team members
- Must be a Canadian citizen
How to Apply: If you have the passion and determination it takes to create stunning animation, please send your resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “3DTD-1014” in the subject line of your email submission.