We are currently seeking a talented CG FX Supervisor to work on an exciting, high-profile production with worldwide exposure. The position is looking for a skilled and experienced candidate, who will help establish, reinforce and enhance the animated property by supervising the FX team. The FX Supervisor is responsible to identify all effects in a sequence and clarify with Directors, Supervisors and Production when necessary. The FX Supervisor should demonstrate ability to effectively supervise the FX development team technically and artistically.
- Type: Permanent, Full-time Employee
- Salary: Commensurate with experience; benefits plan available
- Positions available: 2
- Start Date: Immediately
- Work closely with the Production Supervisors in the management of the department and to create the schedule and ensure schedules and deliverables are met for both shots and sequences
- Responsible for creating the necessary look as designed by the Director(s), CG Supervisor, and Designer(s) for a particular sequence
- Responsible for overseeing the creation, shading, and rendering of CG assets and creating sophisticated particle simulations
- Ensure the on-time delivery of effects elements within production schedule
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to generate stock, reusable FX and FX style guides for use by the FX team
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions
- 5+ years’ experience working with Dynamics and nDynamics in Maya
- Experience with Houdini an asset
How to Apply: If you have the passion and determination it takes to create stunning animation, please send your resume and demo reel to email@example.com and reference: FXAR-1014 in the subject line of your submission.