Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in downtown Toronto is looking for Character Finaling Artists to join the team. With over 250 artists and technical directors and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
JOB TITLE: Character Finaling Artists
DEPARTMENT: Character Finaling
REPORTS TO: Character Finaling Supervisor
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the creative performance in a shot with the appropriate technical requirements as follows:
- Remove undesirable geometric penetrations, folds and creases from rigged assets
- Ensure that rigged assets are in contact with one another and their environment appropriately
- Ensure that rigged assets are prepared for effects simulations as required.
- Ensure proper continuity of motion for the calculation of motion blur.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of proven character finaling skills
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or relevant area of study
- Basic background in traditional art with a keen artistic eye
- General understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as a basic comprehension of animation production for film and/or television
- Good communication skills with the ability to work productively in a team environment
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to take direction from various levels of individuals
- Good organizational skills with a strong attention for detail
- Basic modeling skills and a general familiarity with skeletons
- Experience with Maya software preferred
Thank you for your interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please apply at our website @ http://www.arcproductions.com/careers