Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in downtown Toronto is looking for an Modeler to join our team. With over 250 artists and technical directors and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
JOB TITLE: Modeler
REPORTS TO: Head of Modeling/Rigging
The Modeler utilizes Maya to create CG models for an assigned show. This role must anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any model performance issues, provide support to more junior team members, and ensure overall adherence to all Arc Productions pipeline protocols.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Maya to build and execute complex CG models for an assigned show that meet all technical and creative requirements and are compatible within the production pipeline
- Maintain a convention of naming structures for all models and ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any model performance issues with assistance from key stakeholders
- Provide support to more junior team members by providing artistic direction and assisting with technical difficulties
- Ensure overall adherence to all Arc Productions pipeline protocols.
- Keep up to speed with current industry trends
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-4 years CG modeling experience in a Maya production environment, with proven modeling abilities
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study
- Full working knowledge of Maya’s modeling techniques
- Strong background in traditional art with a good sense of form, proportion, and scale
- Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective
- General understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as a good comprehension of animation production for film and/or television
- Good comprehension of the animation production pipeline as a whole with an understanding of adjacent department workflows as well as how modeling interacts with the overall production process
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills with the ability to check own work
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Good communication skills with the ability to work productively and willingness to take initiative in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Basic rigging skills
- Scripting and programming skills an asset
Thank you for your interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please apply at our website @ http://www.arcproductions.com/careers