Sheridan is looking for an outstanding individual to join our faculty team in the Bachelor of Animation program. The four-year degree program offers students a comprehensive set of practical and critical skills, as well as knowledge in liberal arts studies. The successful candidate will be skilled at instructing students in an area of animation, with preference given to candidates with demonstrate excellence in one of the following: 3D modeling and rigging; 2D digital (Toonboom); layout. It will involve working as a team with the faculty in the animation program, and participating in course development and review.
Sheridan faculty provide academic leadership to programs and courses within their areas of expertise and contribute to the creation of a learning-centred environment where students can develop to their full potential. They also contribute to College, School and program excellence by collaborating on a variety of initiatives such as new program development, applied research and alternative delivery strategies.
Professors are responsible for:
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Creating an effective environment for learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process.
Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
- MA or MFA in Animation or a related discipline required;
- Experience in teaching;
- Experience working with 2D (Toonboom) and 3D (Maya) software in the animation industry;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the animation industry;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
To apply online, visit: www.sheridaninstitute.ca