Type: Full-time Employee
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Positions available: 1
Start Date: Asap
Company Info: Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with European production facilities in Ireland, Mercury Filmworks® is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable, modern animated television and film properties including Mickey Mouse, Wander Over Yonder, Team Hot Wheels, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle and Gerald McBoing Boing; along with several feature films such as Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. The company is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Silvergate Media, Technicolor, and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Active; a boutique digital entertainment studio focused on mobile gaming and digital products, and Mercury Inpress; a publishing and licensing company offering innovative and engaging multi-platform products to families through mass retail partners such as Walmart, Costco, Toys”R”Us, and Target.
Job Description: We are seeking a Senior 3D Animator to lead an exceptional animation team on a high-profile television production. This individual will possess an uncompromising attention to detail, strong work ethic, leadership skills, broad creative talents, and advanced technical experience with 3D animation software. This is a senior and multi-faceted position that leads by example and is able to mentor younger animators and motivate the team to achieve excellence.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Maya
- Draft, design and produce high quality animation
- Provide feedback to the entire team on a regular basis
- Be accountable for ensuring that our high quality standards are met
- Work closely with our animators, artists and technical departments in order to identify and solve problems
- Must have experience with long form television animation
- Must have a strong understanding of traditional animation principles
- Must be able to communicate artistic and technical concepts clearly and concisely in either verbal or written format in order to guide team members
- Must have the ability to effectively coach or train junior animators
- Must stay sharp on quality and detail of production while having a sound awareness of schedules and deadlines
- Experience with character rigging considered an asset
How to Apply: If you have the passion and determination it takes to create stunning animation, please send your resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “SR3D-1014” in the subject line of your email submission.