Ottawa, Canada – We are currently seeking a highly creative Layout artist to join our team working on a challenging, fast-paced production. This individual must be extremely self-motivated, possess exceptional artistic skills, have an impeccable eye for layout, and great attention to detail. The Layout artist will work under the guidance of the Layout Supervisor.
- Type: Contract Position
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Positions: 1
- All applicants must live in Ontario, Canada (candidates residing outside of Canada will not be considered at this time)
- Must have strong knowledge of perspective, scale in design principle
- Must be adaptable to shift from one storyboard to the next
- Ability to work off a storyboard to create layout
- Flexibility in style, able to draw in different styles
- Ability to interpret storyboards
- Draft, design, and lay out realistically styled sequences
- Finalize and clean up designs using Photoshop
- Execute changes on designs based on feedback of Art Director
- Demonstrate strong visual interpretation skills
- Keep team informed of potential creative problems
- Ensure that production deadlines are met while maintaining the highest standard of quality
- Work independently and meet all deadlines
- Must have experience creating a series.
- Excellent understanding of perspective and composition
- Highly proficient in Photoshop
- Ability to communicate well in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism from supervisors then work effectively on an independent basis
- Must possess excellent time management skills with the utmost respect for deadlines
- Previous work experience as a layout artist and exposure to animated productions is a definite asset
Company Info: – Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with European production facilities in Ireland, Mercury Filmworks® is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable, modern animated television and film properties including Mickey Mouse, Wander Over Yonder, Team Hot Wheels, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle and Gerald McBoing Boing; along with several feature films such as Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. The company is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Silvergate Media, Technicolor, and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Active; a boutique digital entertainment studio focused on mobile gaming and digital products, and Mercury Inpress; a publishing and licensing company offering innovative and engaging multi-platform products to families through mass retail partners such as Walmart, Costco, Toys”R”Us, and Target.
How to Apply: : If you have the passion and determination it takes to create stunning animation, please send your resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: LAYO-1121 in the subject line of your submission.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.