Picture This Studio is looking for an experienced 2D Storyboard/Animatic Supervisor
Our bustling and productive Animation studio in the heart of Bangkok is looking for new colleagues to join – and help establish – our brand new 2D Animation Department.
Check us out – http://picturethisanimation.com/
Contact – Marty Knox (Head of Production) email@example.com
We require an experienced 2D Storyboard/Animatic Supervisor, with deep understanding of Flash and/or Toonboom, and strong storytelling skills to work with our in-house Thai and foreign artists. The project is a Flash-based, web-broadcast Short Format series (40+ 3 minute films) for a big name client. Scripts and Audio will be delivered, and you must turn them into clear, readable and enjoyable animatics.
The position is open March – April 1st, 2015.
The contract is for 1 year, with possible extension.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Keeping an overall vision of the series stories, products, assets, humor, and style, and bringing it back in line if it strays off the mark
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, and have the patience to communicate clearly to colleagues with English as a 2nd language
- Experience working in Asia, or with Asian animation studios
- Supervising storyboard artists to create proper, film-standard visual storyboards.
- Work with an editor to cut the boards into a timed, visual/audio animatic (inclusive of Dialogue, Sound Effects and some Music)
- Ability to collaborate with Animation Directors and Art Directors in story improvements
- Ability to talk with clients, understand what they want, sell your ideas to them, and take their criticism professionally.
- A keen eye for continuity
- Mentor our local artists to improve quality and quantity
- Have opinions and recommendations for helping to improve the stories (action/dialogue), while keeping within the client’s boundaries
- Strong understanding of 2D animation, and the limitations of the production software
- Help to bring an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork to the crew, our partners and our clients
- Technical Requirements: Fluent English. Can read. Can write. Can type. Can talk to other people. Have used a computer.
- BONUS! Can edit with Premiere. Can animate/design/composite or any other area of artistic production
- 1 return flight in to Bangkok, returning to destination of choice
- 2 weeks paid accommodation upon arrival (flexible if required)
- Worker Entry Visa
- Work Permit, renewable every 12 months
- 6 paid vacation days, 5 paid personal days & 16 paid public holidays per year
- Considerably low tax rates
- Low cost of living/High standard of living (an excellent combination)
- Mental Health rewards, in the form of: great weather, tropical islands, jungles, et cetera
- Salaries are negotiable in person
Looking forward to hearing from you!