Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in downtown Toronto is looking for Mid to Senior level Surfacing Artists to join our team. With over 250 artists and technical directors and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
JOB TITLE: Surfacing Artist
REPORTS TO: Head of Surfacing/Surfacing Supervisor
The Surfacing Artist works with the Surfacing Lead and Art Director to develop/establish the look UV’s, textures and shaders for assigned assets supplied by the Modeling Department, while maintaining established naming conventions and a general tidiness of working files. This role is required to keep the Surfacing Lead aware of any production problems and to perform additional duties as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Surfacing Lead to establish the look and qualities of characters, props, and environments for assigned assets with direction from the VFX Supervisor, Art Director, and Surfacing Supervisor, and ensure that Surfacing files are complete and ready for lighting
• Create the following for models supplied by the Modeling Department
• Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within the Arc Productions pipeline
• Maintain tidiness and organization of working files (directories, files, textures, Photoshop PSDs)
• Keep Surfacing Lead aware of any production problems
• Perform additional duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years of high-end CG animation production experience (feature film experience an asset)
• Strong painting skills with an artistic eye for detail
• Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as an excellent comprehension of animation production for film and/or television
• Basic understanding of the animation production pipeline as a whole
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong uv-ing skills
Working knowledge of the following:
• Autodesk Maya
• Polygonal texturing image maps
• Construction of shaders and utilities
• Mudbox or ZBrush
Working knowledge of some to all of these as a renderer
Please apply to:
Arc Productions Recruiting
Please include a link to your demo reel and resume as well as your current status and availability.
Thank you to all applicants but only those under consideration will be contacted.