Spinmaster has an exciting opportunity for a Business Affairs Manager in our fast growing Entertainment Division.
The ideal candidate will:
– assist with the creation of financing plans, schedules and cash flows, recoupment schedules
– liaise with WGC, WGA, CMPA, ACTRA, agents
– using templates, negotiate, as required, and prepare actor, writer, director, composer, story editor and show-runner agreements and production deal memos
– prepare and administer development and production funding applications
– prepare tax credit estimates and administer tax credit applications
– assist with interim financing documentation
– coordinate registration of copyright – Canada & US
– keep apprised of funding guidelines
– prepare CAVCO and CRTC documentation
– ensure compliance with all agreements
– E&O and all insurance applications and administration
– liaise with external counsel, as required
– ISAN applications
– maintain corporate minute books and corporate records
– establish single purpose production companies, as required
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum – 5 years’ experience in business affairs in a film & television environment
About the Company
A multi-category children’s entertainment company, Spin Master has been designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing consumer products for children around the world since 1994 and is recognized as a global growth leader within the toy industry. Spin Master is best known for such popular brands as boy’s action phenomena and 2009-2010 Boy’s Toy of the Year winner Bakugan Battle Brawlers™, and award-winning brands Air Hogs®, Aquadoodle™, Flutterbye™, Spin Master Games™ including 2014 Game of the Year, Boom Boom Balloon ™ and the popular Hedbanz™, SpyGear™, Tech Deck™, and 2014 Innovative Toy of the Year, Zoomer™. The company has also marked an entry into children’s media with the launch of Spin Master Entertainment, a subsidiary focusing on the design, development and production of television and other media properties. Spin Master employs over 900 people with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Munich, and Milan.
For additional information please visit: www.spinmaster.com.
Comments are closed.