Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a multi talented, self driven VFX generalist to help build a library of visual FX for a smash-hit CG production television series.
- Primary role is to add FX such as dirt, splashes, waves etc. to shots using Maya or Nuke
- Work with the asset team to generate solutions for things without having to default to simulations
- Work with asset team to generate canned, reusable FX that animators can use directly in their scenes
- 2+ years experience in commercials or television is a must.
- Generalist with an intermediate rigging ability
- Proficient in Maya 2011 or greater
- Proficiency with NParticles is a major asset
- Proficiency in Nuke is a major asset
- Experience with VRay for Maya
- A strong creative portfolio
Posting Date: Dec. 23, 2014
Closing Date: Jan. 30, 2014
Location: 110 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto
Salary: Hourly: $18.75 minimum for 40 hours per week; to be negotiated based upon experience
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Project-based; temporary full-time
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Day
Education: Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with VFX GENERALIST / ANIMATED CARTOON TECHNICIAN in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.