9 Story Media Group is an industry leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences around the world. 9 Story has produced over 900 animated and live action episodes, seen on some of the world’s most respected children’s channels.
Job Title: Flash Design Supervisor
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: March 16, 2015
9 Story Media Group is currently looking for a Design Supervisors to join our team.
- 2 to 4 years previous experience as Design Supervisor
- Proficient in the use of Flash
- A strong understanding of Photoshop
- Solid understanding of character and layout design
- Strong composition and perspective skills
- Experience in creating builds and rigging
- Understanding of colour and lighting
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Responsible for building Fun packs for Storyboard artists in flash
- Including: Tracing any new locations provided by 9ate7 as well as compiling designs of all previous locations from season 1 that are mentioned in the script.
- Rigging any new characters in flash for the Storyboard artist to be able to use in their storyboards, as well as compiling all characters mentioned in the script.
- Roughly designing in flash any new props that the Board artist might need.
- Effective communication between 9story and client regarding design elements, files and any additional questions.
- Responsible for Internal approvals of 9story BG and Prop designs.
- Adjusting workflow of crew as needed, in order to accommodate challenging episodes.
- Collaboration with the team to reflect creative vision and goals
- Help to define the team’s standards and practices for the series
- Review Leica’s and Fun Packs and finalize design lists with Production Manager
- Hand out assignments to your team and track progress, providing feedback and necessary revisions
- Establish and maintain the continuity of the series
- Work closely with Directors and Producer on the approval of materials
- Ability to multi task and provide direction to the various departments
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to timelines
- Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and anticipate potential problems
- Resolve problems or concerns in a productive and positive manner
Please email your resumes, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Supervisor” noted in the subject line. Only selected candidates will be contacted.