Start Date: April (specifics, TBD)
Job Title: Rigger
Salary: Based on experience.
Experience: 2 or more years of production experience.
Reports to: Lead Rigger
Tangent Animation is seeking talented Riggers with experience and knowledge of the principles of rigging to join our growing team. Working knowledge of Maya and/or Blender is required. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components.
- Work with the Modeling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements.
- Work with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements.
- Support rigs as they move through the pipeline and develop supplementary Animation tools and processes.
- At least 2 years experience on feature films and/or animated features.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of Python scripting language.
- Strong knowledge of rigging in Maya and/or Blender.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Familiarity with animation pipelines.
Interested candidates please email resume and direct link to demo reel to:
Only Canadian citizens or citizens that have Landed Immigrant status in Canada please apply.
This opportunity is located in Toronto, Ontario. If you are not already a resident of Toronto, it requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term.
Please note: All applications for this position will be considered, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.