Ottawa, Canada – We are currently seeking talented 2D Digital Animators to work on Disney’s “The Lion Guard”. This is an exciting new Disney series based off the original feature film “The Lion King”. This is a unique opportunity for highly skilled and motivated animators who want to work at the highest level of television animation. Pay is variable and based entirely on productivity and quality. High performance individuals will have an opportunity to make director-level compensation. If you’re an exceptional animator, you should be working with an exceptional team!
- Term of employment: Permanent full-time employee – in house
- Salary: Pay is by approved frame. Medical/Dental benefits and RRSP plan available
- Start Date: Immediately
- Job Reference Number: 2DDA-LG-0415
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen (candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Canada)
- Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
- Working experience with Toon Boom Harmony software is considered a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is essential.
- Must have a strong sense of animation timing, posing, weight and storytelling.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn.
- Will consider candidates with 3D background that have a strong sense of the animation basics.
Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and is internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable, modern animated television and film properties including Mickey Mouse, Wander Over Yonder, Team Hot Wheels, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle and Gerald McBoing Boing; along with several feature films such as Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Silvergate Media, Technicolor, and Warner Bros.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and link to your portfolio to: email@example.com and reference: 2DDA-LG-0415 in the subject line of your submission. Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.