Start Date: June (specifics, TBD)
Job Title: Animation Supervisor
Salary: Based on experience.
Tangent Animation is making a feature film, working title ‘Run Ozzy Run,’ a canine comedy, which is also an exciting prison break picture! Senior staff at Tangent in Toronto were also senior staff on Toronto features like ‘9’ and ‘Gnomeo + Juliet’ and are creating a streamlined feature pipeline that maximizes artist creativity. Animation roll-ons start mid-May.
We are currently looking for an Animation Supervisor for this feature. The Animation Supervisor reports to the feature director and CG SUP, and directs the lead animators to enable their teams. Partial shot quota also required. Working knowledge of Maya and/or Blender is extremely beneficial. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation.
- Work from storyboard/animatic and 3D layout files to create high-quality, key-framed animation demonstrating a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, and weight, including lip sync and shot-to-shot continuity.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to ensure animation adheres to the style and vision set out by the Director and Animation Supervisor.
- Will oversee an animation team, and must have leadership skills to ensure direction from the Director is properly conveyed to the animation team.
- Deliver work in a timely manner.
- We prefer artists that have 3 or more years of professional experience working with Maya, Blender or other professional animation software, though all talented animators are encouraged to apply. Artists with demonstrable knowledge of classical 2D animation and / or stop-motion animation will also be considered, but heavy emphasis will be placed on knowledge of Maya.
- Online demo reel that demonstrates your expertise in 3D animation essential.
- Must have the ability to interpret a storyboard.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Director(s) as necessary.
- Prior leadership responsibilities are required.
- Knowledge of 2D or 3D animation production pipeline is beneficial.
Interested candidates please email resume and direct link to demo reel to: email@example.com
Only Canadian citizens or citizens that have Landed Immigrant status in Canada please apply.
This opportunity is located in Toronto, Ontario. If you are not already a resident of Toronto, it requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term.