Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is a DHX Media company, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war. Department: Animation
About the Position
As a junior animator you create high-calibre, dramatic and action-oriented character animation while at the same time meeting production deadlines. You have a good understanding of the principles of animation, movement and timing skills. You are integral to the animation team and are enthusiastic at developing your skills. You are able to take direction and address notes willingly in a timely manner.
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create animation sequences as assigned by director
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, lip-sync, and camera composition
- Complete assigned animation within scheduled timeframe
- Block movements in rough animation, refine and polish to completion in final animation
- Address required revisions and modify shots as requested
- Based on the production schedule and resources available, ensure and maintain the quality, style and continuity of your animation
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Assist with and complete production-related assignments
- Keep current on animation techniques and technology
- Ensure the lead animator/director’s instructions are carried through
Recommend any team training needs to lead animator
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- 1 year of experience in animation or film industry
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience an asset
- Proficient in 3D animation packages
- Solid understanding of character posing, character animation lip sync and camera composition
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Able to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Encourage feedback and new initiatives
- Able to adapt to multiple animation styles
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
Please APPLY at: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oOoo0fwk&s=CAR
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Comments are closed.