(Contract) Teaching Assistant: Animation and Concept Art
VFS is a dynamic organization known for its innovative and responsive approach to education and training in entertainment arts. Since opening its doors in 1987, VFS has played a central role in developing both local and global Animation, Visual Effects, Film, Television, Games, and Design industries. We invite you to become a part of the success of our world-renowned alumni and instructional team. The successful candidate will work closely with instructional staff members to help create a culture of exploration, discovery, and critical thinking that supports the overall vision of the ACA program.
Direct Link to this Posting
Reporting to the Program Manager, accountable to the Head of Department (HOD), and working under the supervision of the Creative Director, the Teaching Assistant in the Animation and Concept Art (ACA) program will provide professional, expert and courteous front-line educational support to all VFS students within the program. The Teaching Assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, help the course Instructor(s) better know the students, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. The Teaching Assistant will have working knowledge of a number of Animation industry standard software (see Skills and Requirements below). The TA is highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment of creative excellence.
- Assist and support the Creative Director and course Instructor(s) in the delivery of course curriculum within the ACA program.
- Attend lectures given by the course Instructor(s) whom they are assisting.
- Provide general class preparation assistance to course Instructor(s) including photocopying of course materials and development of course materials when appropriate.
- Assist the course Instructor(s) with evaluating and marking student assignments based on the course Instructor’s instructions and the ACA program’s policies and procedures.
- Act as the liaison between students and course Instructor(s), assisting students in the classroom and outside of class time on assignments and major projects.
- Assist and inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work.
- Troubleshoot technical problems students are encountering in the classroom and act as a liaison between students and the IT department when required.
- Assist the department with submitting student work to festivals and industry.
- Other duties as assigned by the Interim Head of Animation & Visual Effects, Creative Director, and Program Manager
Skills & Requirements
- A graduate of one of VFS’ Animation programs or a degree, diploma, certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in the area of animation.
- Working nowledge of PhotoShop, SketchBook Pro, Harmony, ToonBoom, Flash and Maya.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sound judgement, initiative, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
Comments are closed.