3D Character Animators (Kelowna, BC)
Do you love to explore a great story through expressive character movement? Have a remarkable grasp of weight, timing, lip sync and posing? We are in search of a talented3D Character Animator who can conceptualize, create and execute quality animation sequences through an impressive proficiency with digital tools in a collaborative team setting. This is an opportunity to join our growing Kelowna studio location.
Under the direction of the Lead Animator / Director, you will be tasked with meeting the show’s established style and technical requirements, maintaining a professional demeanour while taking direction, meeting production deadlines and adapting to shifting priorities.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrating a broad range of 3D Animation proficiencies in conceptualizing and creating the overall look, attitude and style of the character animation
- Possessing a solid working knowledge of CG animation technologies and necessary production environments and tools
- Actively displaying confidence, ability and sound judgement in all areas of performance, such as immediately notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines, and communicating solutions
- Meeting assigned project quotas, deadlines and other objectives set forth by project leads and the production department
- Mentoring less experienced artists and leading by example, providing support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for artistic and professional growth
- Actively participating in team and department meetings
What You Bring:
- Must have TV / Film production experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Maya, Flash or Harmony
- Online demo reel demonstrating your best work in bringing characters to life using motion and emotion
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You’ll collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. For more information regarding Bardel Entertainment please visit www.bardel.ca
Working in Kelowna
Only 240 miles east of Vancouver, Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley. With a mix of creative companies along with a slew of high-tech start-ups, Kelowna is fast becoming known as the “Silicon Valley of the North”.
Located on beautiful Okanagan Lake, Kelowna offers countless outdoor activities including mountain biking, water sports, golf, skiing and snowboarding. The vibrant downtown core is abundant with unique shops, cafes, patios, galleries, and music festivals. Top it all off with sandy beaches, mountain ranges, orchards and vineyards, and affordable living we like to think of Kelowna as a veritable paradise.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we are unable to respond to all who apply. If we determine that you are a compelling match for one of our currently open roles, we will get in touch.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/