The position of FX Lighting Technical Director works as a part of the team that helps create the look of the effects as per direction from the FX Supervisor and VFX-Supervisor. They need to use technical skill and aesthetic judgment in order to create images that are of high production quality on a consistent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the FX supervisor to create final looks for effects to be used in production.
- Work with the FX supervisor and pipeline TDs to build tools to help automate developed lighting setups.
- Participate as a team member in determining solutions for technical problems during shot production.
Skills & Requirements:
- Full knowledge of Houdini and Mantra
- Understanding Shading models
- Knowledge of Python and Hscript with an ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development
- Strong experience in effects lighting and rendering
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- BC residents preferred but not required