Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a LOCATION DESIGNER for an exciting new 3D animated series. This role reports directly to the Art Director.
- Work with Director and Art Director to design locations in the style of the show
- Provide multiple views, maps and exploratory designs of your locations
- Create both linear and tonal/painted location designs
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent drawing and painting skills (perspective, interiors, architecture, landscapes)
- A solid understanding of light, shadow and color
- A thorough understanding of location design and a clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop is a must
- Experience on a 3D production and knowledge of modeling locations and 3d layout an asset
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Able to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous show experience a must
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with LOCATION DESIGNER in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon!
Comments are closed.