The Look Development TD works as a part of the team that helps create the look of picture as per direction from the Art and Design Department and the Lighting Supervisor. They need to use technical skill and aesthetic judgment in order to create images that are of high production quality on a consistent basis. As the Look Development stage of production transitions to shot production the Look Development TD will serve as a guide for other Lighting Artists and give technical assistance with troubleshooting. When their TD skills are not required they can participate in shot lighting production.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Lighting Supervisor and Pipeline TDs to build tools to help automate developed lighting setups.
- Work with the Surfacing, Look Dev and Lighting departments to design and write RenderMan shaders to create desired looks for feature animation
- Participate as a team member in determining solutions for technical problems during shot production.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and lighting
- Ideally 2+ years proven experience in a feature Animation production pipeline
- Experience lighting and rendering with Maya, RenderMan and RSL.
- Experience in development and maintenance of lighting techniques, tools and pipelines.
- Knowledge of Python and Mel with an ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development.
- Strong Look Dev and Lighting skills both artistically and technically.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and dedication to responsibilities.
- BC residents preferred, but not required