Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is a DHX Media company, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the Position
Woohoo! We’re moving our pipeline from XSI to Maya and Nuke, and we’re looking for a lead lighting artist to help lead us through that transition! It’s a very exciting time to join our team with this amazing opportunity to create and develop our next generation of productions! As a lead lighting artist, you will be responsible for developing tools, shaders and workflows for the shading and lighting artists. You will also be working closely with lighting team and pipeline TDs to ensure that we’re able to achieve the look and vision of our shows as efficiently as possible. If this sounds like you…what are you waiting for?! Apply today!
- Establish lookdev lighting environment to match the show’s needs
- Collaborate with compositing lead to establish an efficient framework for both lighting and compositing teams
- Lead lighting team to deliver the show on time and in the expected quality
- Ensure and maintain the expected render quality and style across the show
- Work closely and communicate with VFX supervisor, compositing and shading leads, and the pipeline team to ensure an efficient and creative production
- Support, assist and mentor other team members
- Review, debug and improve other team members’ assets, workflows and techniques
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Communicate with modelling supervisor and team leads on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Be a positive and creative force in building a healthy work and team culture
- Provide constructive criticism, wisdom, guidance, and feedback that will help others further their career development
- 3+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- Previous experience in lighting and/or compositing in animation TV or film
- Good understanding of modelling, texturing, shading, lighting, compositing and rendering workflows
- Experience in Maya is a must
- Experience in Nuke is required
- Experience in Renderman RIS or Reyes is a benefit
- Experience in Katana is a benefit
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Encourage feedback and new initiatives
- Able to adapt to multiple show styles
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
PLEASE APPLY at: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=oDid1fwT&s=CAR
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Comments are closed.