Start Date: April (specifics, TBD)
Job Title: Technical Director
Salary: Based on experience.
Reports to: Senior Technical Director
Tangent Animation is seeking a talented Technical Director to join our growing team. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
- Evaluate the animation needs of a model and develop and execute a strategy for executing the rigging, skinning, and blend shape requirements.
- Work with a production team to determine what is needed for the desired performance and range of motion and incorporate that into new or existing rigs.
- Write and incorporate scripts into the pipeline enabling the modelers efficiently prepared characters for rigging and skinning.
- Write and incorporate scripts enabling animators to update characters based on rigging, skinning, or blend shape requirements.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience in Feature Film and/or Commercial production with an emphasis on rigging and skinning.
- Proficient with Maya and/or Blender software.
- Experienced with rigging and skinning of organic models.
- Strong modeling skills.
- Strong artistic skills, with a good eye for form and motion.
- Experience with Unix/Linus operating system is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
- A history of consistent high-end technical execution.
- Interest and ability to mentor artists and programmers.
- Ability to cope with the pressure of our busy, deadline driven industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Animation, Computer Graphics, Fine Art, Architectural/Industrial Design, or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
Interested candidates please email resume and direct link to demo reel to:
Only Canadian citizens or citizens that have Landed Immigrant status in Canada please apply.
This opportunity is located in Toronto, Ontario. If you are not already a resident of Toronto, it requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term.
Please note: All applications for this position will be considered, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.