Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Facial Rigger for Feature Animated films. Ideal candidate should be highly organized and motivated with the desire to work within a top quality and fast-paced animation team.
- Be able to create aesthetically pleasing facial blendshapes that are true to the design of the character within budget and schedule parameters defined by the film
• Use python to script facial rigs so that they are easily rebuildable (preferred)
• Communicate with the rest of the rigging team to create facial rigs that easily integrate with the existing character setup
• Provide creative ideas and solutions for the film on both a visual and technical level
• Work within an existing facial pipeline and use Maya tools to improve upon existing setups
• Work with animators to design and revise motion controls
• Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
• Review and give feedback on topology of the 3D models
• Be able to flag and solve potential delays or problems to stay on budget and on schedule
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in the animation industry, Feature Animation or complex Television experience preferred.
• Experience in a variety of Maya rigging techniques, and the ability to optimize performance of rigs
• Advanced to Mid-Level hero character/creature rigging experience with a Maya based pipeline
• Expert in Maya, with intermediate skill level in Python scripting
• Experience in corrective sculpting
• Good communication skills, able to take direction
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and independently on tasks within the boundaries of the assigned deadlines
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via our website http://www.cinesite.com/. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.
Comments are closed.