Junior Pipeline Technical Director
Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is a DHX Media company, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war. Department: Pipeline
About the Position
As the junior pipeline technical director, you research new technologies, guide them straight into production and see how they affect the look and feel of the animation we do. This is an ideal opportunity for a junior developer or a savvy technical artist to get your foot in the door of the pipeline world.
- Develop pipeline tools and processes to meet production needs
- Ensure tools and processes meet the global pipeline direction
- Work with the pipeline supervisor to design and prioritize production needs
- Research new techniques to meet those needs
- Design and develop new tools to fit and improve our pipeline
- Support production to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain, debug and update existing tools when needed
- Test and debug tools and process to ensure stability and usability
- Work with software engineers and IT team to debug and test hardware and software
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Lead by example and set the bar
- 2+ years of experience in animation or visual effects for film or television
- 1+ years of experience developing for Maya, Nuke or Houdini is required
- Strong experience in Python is required
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with render farms is a plus
- Experience in designing and building database systems is a benefit
- Experience in Django, Flask or web development is a benefit
- Working knowledge of C/C++ a benefit
Please APPLY at: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=o5hd1fwk&s=CAR
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.