Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is a DHX Media company, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the Position
We’re transitioning to a Maya pipeline and we need a senior shading guru to join our team! This creative guru will work closely with the modelling team and the shading TDs to create the lookdev of our shaders, as well as build our library. This is a new position in our studio and we are looking for a creative and organized team player who enjoys mentoring others! Sound like you? C’mon and apply!
- Shade and texture assets based on the production style, designs and colour scripts
- Collaborate with modelling team to ensure assets meet production look and requirements
- Build and optimize asset’s shading networks to achieve both look and efficient render time
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from supervisor and directors in a timely way
- Collaborate across disciplines, within the department and with other departments, including design, lighting and matte painting
- Work with shading TDs to develop the look of our proprietary shaders
- Help create and maintain the production shader library
- Collaborate respectfully and professionally with artists
- Complete all work assigned within the scheduled timeframe and in an efficient manner
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders
- Train, mentor and assist other shaders artists
- 3+ years experience working in feature film, games, or similar
- Proficiency in using Maya and Photoshop is requried
- Experience in Mudbox and ZBrush is required
- Experience shading using Renderman is a big plus
- Strong artistic skills and a detail-oriented eye
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
PLEASE APPLY AT: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=or5F0fwV&s=CAR
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.