Start Date: August (specifics, TBD)
Job Title: Technical Director
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Based on experience.
Tangent Animation is making a feature film, working title ‘Run Ozzy Run,’ a canine comedy, which is also an exciting prison break picture! Senior staff at Tangent in Toronto were also senior staff on Toronto features like ‘9’ and ‘Gnomeo + Juliet’ and are creating a streamlined feature pipeline that maximizes artist creativity.
Tangent Animation is seeking a talented Technical Director to join our growing team. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
* Evaluate the animation needs of a model and develop and execute a strategy for executing the rigging, skinning, and blend shape requirements.
* Work with a production team to determine what is needed for the desired performance and range of motion and incorporate that into new or existing rigs.
* Write and incorporate scripts into the pipeline enabling the modelers efficiently prepared characters for rigging and skinning.
* Write and incorporate scripts enabling animators to update characters based on rigging, skinning, or blend shape requirements.
* Requires 3 years minimum experience in Feature Film and/or Commercial production with an emphasis on rigging and skinning.
* Proficient with Maya and/or Blender software.
* Experienced with rigging and skinning of organic models.
* Knowledge of Python is a plus.
* Strong modeling skills.
* Strong artistic skills, with a good eye for form and motion.
* Experience with Unix/Linus operating system is a plus.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
* A history of consistent high-end technical execution.
* Interest and ability to mentor artists and programmers.
* Ability to cope with the pressure of our busy, deadline driven industry.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Animation, Computer Graphics, Fine Art, Architectural/Industrial Design, or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
If you’re interested in this position, please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.