Guru studio, the award winning and internationally renowned animation facility in Toronto is looking for a 3D Character Modeler to help bring our next batch of fantastic projects to life.
- Model appealing production friendly Characters for a television series based on 2D Designs
- Identify problems in 2D Designs and provide well thought our solutions
- Work with Rigging Department to generate blend shapes and pose correction shapes
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- Keep current on modeling techniques and technology and propose new tools/methodologies
- 2 -3 years experience working as a 3D Modeler.
- Extensive knowledge in modeling polygonal objects, using Maya, 3DS Max, and/or art packages.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to understand and interpret 2D Character Designs in 3D
- The ideal candidate would have strong practical and digital sculpting skills
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Background in Animation
- Strong 2D Skills is an asset.
- Love for Character Animation!
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 3D CHARACTER MODELER in the subject line. Ontario and /or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. We hope to hear from you soon!