Guru studio, the award winning and internationally renowned animation facility in Toronto is looking for a 3D Rigger to help bring our next batch of fantastic projects to life.
- Use available studio tools to rig characters and props
- Rig characters and props that support the show’s design aesthetic
- Design control mechanisms that are simple and intuitive for animators
- Work collaboratively with design, layout and animation leads to meet the needs of the production
- Model / Transfer blendshapes for secondary characters
- Stay on top of new tools and methods for rigging on an animated series
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- In depth knowledge of Maya rigging
- Strong secondary abilities in modeling
- Functional knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement
- An understanding of cartoon animation principles and how they apply to rigging
- Ability to automate tasks with MEL or Python is an asset
- Production experience is an asset
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with 3D RIGGER in the subject line. Ontario and /or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. We hope to hear from you soon!
Comments are closed.