Reports to: Animation Supervisor/ Animation Director
- Creates the motions, gestures, and expressions of three-dimensional computer graphics characters and objects
- To tell a story with meaning through movement
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To receive with each assigned shot: storyboards, story reels, recorded dialogue, set layout, and direction;
- To read soundtrack and plan shot;
- To block in movements in rough animation and show for the Director’s approval in a daily review;
- To finish work for Director approval in a timely manner;
- To attend animation dailies;
- To assist with the testing of assets and animation tools during the creation of animated shots while meeting the highest standards of quality, aesthetically and technically.
- To help troubleshoot modeling/rigging issues as they arise over the course of visual development, pre-production, or production to ensure team meets shot quotas;
- Develop timing and pace of character movements & objects in a shot or sequence and ensure they follow the soundtrack & audio requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of (CG) feature film experience as an animator preferred
- Proven storytelling skills
- Ability to use acting skills, which bring characters to life, as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize
- An art background, which shows a thorough, understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, and form
- Strong technical knowledge of Maya, specifically rigging and animation tools
- Practical working knowledge of Maya dynamics and ridged body dynamics
- Knowledge of traditional animation principles and ability to produce high quality key frame animation
- Impressive reel demonstrating a range of work
- Understanding of efficient pipeline/workflow techniques as they apply to animation
- Strong communication skills
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
- Self-motivated and able to take direction and work independently while being an effective team player
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Good eye for detail and a passion for film, games, and animation.
Apply to: Yoonha.email@example.com
Comments are closed.