Position: Crowd FX TD/Artist
The Crowd FX TD/Artist collaborates in the design, development, and implementation of crowd simulation systems and techniques, and uses those systems and techniques to create crowd simulations in shots.
• Collaborate with various departments (Layout, Animation, VFX) to design, develop and implement techniques and systems that simulate crowds and make them easy to propagate across multiple shots.
• Integrate these techniques and systems into the existing production pipeline.
• Collaborate with crowd animators to populate shots with crowds according to production needs.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
• Other VFX-related work as requested and appropriate.
• Minimum two years experience as an FX or Crowd TD.
• Strong knowledge of Maya and/or Houdini.
• Good knowledge of vector math and physics is a plus.
• Tool building and scripting experience in MEL, Python, Hscript, VEX or equivalent.
• Good artistic skills and an eye for natural motion in humans and animals.
• Experience in rigging, character FX, and animation are pluses.
• Experience with industry standard crowd simulation software such as Massive, Golaem, or Miarmy is a plus.
• Solid understanding of the entire animation production process from layout to compositing is a plus.
• Able to take direction and adapt to change.
• Linux experience preferred .
Apply to: Yoonha.firstname.lastname@example.org