Nelvana Studio has an exciting opportunity for 3D Layout Artist in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director and Layout Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of the Layout for production:
- Create all camera moves for sequences in production.
- Add basic character movement and posing to block out shots.
- Maintain tight production schedules and quotas, with regular updates to the layout Supervisor on the progress of work.
- Maintain continuity within and between shots and sequences
- Follow storyboards to create a strong sense of composition and perspective ,enhancing the story through the Layout of shots
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 2 years experience using Maya in a production environment, TV series preferable.
- A strong knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking, and camera work
- Good working knowledge of animation key framing, animation curve editing and constraints.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on schedule
- Ability to work with minimal supervision a problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work and a proactive, positive team member with good interpersonal skills.
- Character animation ability is a plus.
Interested applicants are invited to send a Demo Reel and Resume:
Judy Leung, Manager Studio Operations – email@example.com
Corus Entertainment Inc.
25 Dockside Drive
*Please include 3D Layout Artist in the subject line on your cover letter.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities