PRODUCTION MANAGER – ANIMATION
Portfolio Entertainment is crewing up for some fantastic projects for 2016. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Production Manager to manage series production on the animation studio floor. Duties include managing artists and animators, workflow process, and production progress and tracking so that animation is completed on schedule, while maintaining established quality standards. Production Manager reports to Head of Studio Operations and liaises with Producers, Director and Departmental Leads. Production Manager will oversee the Production Coordinator and any Production Assistants and Interns assigned to the production.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Organize and manage production departments including Concept Design, Rigging, Layouts, Backgrounds, Scene Assembly, Animation and Compositing.
- Ensure work is assigned and completed within each department and ensure smooth workflow between departments
- Maintain strong presence on the production floor with regular, direct communication with personnel
- Maintain strong inter-departmental communication
- Manage Director’s schedule for review and approvals at each production stage
- Track production progress and prepare weekly production reports
- Liaise with Line Producer to manage workflow incoming from pre-production and outflowing to post production
- Assist with training of new production personnel as required
- Troubleshoot and flag any areas of concern to Head of Studio Operations and Producers and assist with finding solutions to production issues
- Other projects and tasks as required ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow and strong communication through the production process.
- 3+ years experience in animation series production
- Computer proficient in Microsoft OS, Excel, and Production Management systems and software
- Strong knowledge of 2D Digital pipeline – Harmony experience an asset
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage and support artists ensuring they have tools required to complete tasks.
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated
- Be forward-thinking and able to troubleshoot, forecast and plan appropriately to avoid production problems and delays
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and professional attitude, and contribute to the collaborative, respectful and constructive culture of our studio
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: PRODUCTION MANAGER in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview.