We are currently seeking talented 2D Digital Animators to work on Disney’s “Tangled”. This is an exciting new Disney series based off the original feature film. This is a unique opportunity for highly skilled and motivated animators who want to work at the highest level of television animation. Pay is variable and based on productivity and quality. High performance individuals will have an opportunity to make director-level compensation. If you’re an exceptional animator, you should be working with an exceptional team!
- Positions: Multiple
- Term of employment: Permanent full-time employee – in house
- Salary: Pay is by approved frame. Medical/Dental benefits and RRSP plan available
- Start Date: Immediately
- Job Reference Number: 2DDA-TAN-1115
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident(candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Canada)
- Draft, design and produce high quality animation.
- Provide feedback to the entire team on a regular basis.
- Be accountable for ensuring that our high quality standards are met.
- Work closely with our animators, artists and technical departments in order to identify and solve problems.
- Must be able to communicate artistic and technical concepts clearly and concisely in either verbal or written format in order to guide team members.
- Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
- Working experience with Toon Boom Harmony software is considered a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is essential.
- Must have a strong sense of animation timing, posing, weight and storytelling.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn.
- Will consider candidates with 3D background that have a strong sense of the animation basics.
Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable and modern animated television properties including, The Lion Guard, Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Wander Over Yonder, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, and Toot & Puddle; along with several feature films including Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome, Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury Filmworks® is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Corus Entertainment, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Technicolor and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Connects, a technology company developing connected products from books to toys – with a special interest in augmented and virtual reality. Its book-publishing division, Mercury Inpress, produces printed books and companion apps that bring paper pages to life on mobile devices.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and link to your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: 2DDA-TAN-1115 in the subject line of your submission. Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K2E 8C3
Comments are closed.