The Effects Artist creates (and may support) a variety of visual effects that support the story and visual style of a computer-generated feature.
- Interpret verbal direction and visual reference to understand the story context and aesthetic objectives for visual effects.
- Collaborate with supervisors and peers in the design, execution, and delivery of effects elements
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues.
- Support integration of effects into other departments’ workflows.
- Assist in training and supporting other artists.
- Experience with effects simulations in features, television, or equivalent.
- Understands procedural workflows.
- Comfortable using Maya + Houdini. 3Delight (or Prman) and RealFlow are pluses.
- Familiar with effects lighting, rendering, and compositing techniques.
- A good eye for composition, motion, and other aesthetics.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Able to understand and take direction and criticism.
- Resourceful: able to troubleshoot, solve problems, and find workarounds as appropriate.
- Modeling, surfacing, and lighting experience are pluses.
- Programming and/or scripting skills are big pluses.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and reels via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.