3D LIGHTING ARTIST
Guru studio, the award winning and internationally renowned animation facility in Toronto is looking for a 3D Lighting Artist to help bring our next batch of fantastic projects to life.
- Use existing light rigs to generate a large volume of shots in a week
- Occasionally light a set from scratch using clean and efficient light setups.
- Work directly with the compositing team to reach the desired look
- Occasionally work with the technical staff to solve rendering / lighting scene issues.
- Communicate directly with the Art Director and Creative Supervisor to make sure set lighting meets the intended look of the show.
- Proficient in shot based lighting using VRay or Mental Ray. Experience with professional production renderers (RenderMan)required. Redshift experience is a major asset.
- Strong understanding of what is capable in compositing to reach the intended look. (Compositing experience is a major asset).
- Knowledge of shaders, and their impact on render times.
- A strong demo reel that shows well lit and balanced imagery.
- A solid traditional portfolio (e.g. painting, photography) highlighting composition and artistic skills is an asset.
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 3D LIGHTING ARTIST in the subject line. Ontario and /or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. We hope to hear from you soon!