Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award-winning and internationally renowned Toronto-based entertainment company is looking for an experienced Business Affairs Administrator, who will be responsible for the department’s day-to-day production responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: administering tax credit applications; coordinating business and legal documents; drafting cover letters and other correspondence, and general administrative duties. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance with a cross-report to the Manager of Business Affairs, and will assist our Business Affairs team which is comprised of four members.
Tax Credits and Production Financing
- Prepare applications for private and public funding agencies (e.g., CMF, OMDC tax credits, CAVCO tax credits, Shaw, Bell New Media, etc.)
- Coordinate and prepare responses relating to funding applications
- Create a calendar for tax credit applications and production financing and update it on an ongoing basis
- Assist with interim financing paperwork relating to productions
Distribution & Contract Administration
- Prepare invoices and collect payments and royalties stemming from distribution contracts
- Create reporting statements for third party distributors and investors
- Create a calendar to diarize upcoming distribution revenues and update it on an ongoing basis
- Administer production-related contracts including distribution, licensing, merchandising and other related agreements
- Input contract information into rights management software or other databases and update it on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate and distribute production insurance certificates
- Circulate contracts and other documents to internal executives and employees as well as external entities via hard copy, email, and courier
- Other general administrative duties
- 2-5 years experience in an administrative role, Canadian film or television industry experience an asset
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage a large and diverse workload
- A self-starter with the ability to follow-through until successful completion of matters
- Strong ability to proof-read work quickly and accurately with a strong attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Posting Date: Jan 22nd, 2016
Closing Date: Feb 22nd, 2016
Location: 110 Spadina Ave, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Affairs Administrator in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio.