Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in downtown Toronto is looking for an Animator to join our team. With over 250 artists and technical directors and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
JOB TITLE: Effects Artist
REPORTS TO: Effects Supervisor/Head of Effects
The Effects Artist creates effects for assigned shots using Maya and works with the Lead Effects Artist to ensure that all individually assigned Effects deliverables are completed fully and in line with the production schedule and the Director’s overall vision. This role attends Effects reviews for assigned sequences, troubleshoots and debugs shot problems and escalates technical issues as required, and maintains a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Arc Productions pipeline. The Effects Artist is required to remain current and up-to-date in effects techniques through industry research and training, and perform additional duties as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create effects for assigned shots using Maya, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences
- Work with Lead Effects Artist to ensure that all individually assigned Effects deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and Director’s overall vision
- Attend Effects reviews for assigned sequences
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Arc Productions pipeline
- Remain current and up-to-date in effects techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years CG visual effects experience in a Maya production environment
- Completed post-secondary education classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- CG visual effects experience in a Maya production environment
- Feature film experience an asset
- Good working knowledge of Maya FX tools, Houdini, and Real Flow
- Experience with Maya particles/dynamics and particle expressions
- Background in traditional art an asset
- Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline as a whole
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Maya Fluids as well as some knowledge of the development and design of FX water
- Working knowledge of any or all of the following a plus:
- Cloth dynamics (NCloth and/or Syflex)
- Compositing principles (preferably using Fusion)
- Any scripting language
Please apply at email@example.com .
Comments are closed.