About Mercury Filmworks:
Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable and modern animated television properties including, The Lion Guard, Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Wander Over Yonder, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, and Toot & Puddle; along with several feature films including Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome, Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury Filmworks® is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Corus Entertainment, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Technicolor and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Connects, a technology company developing connected products from books to toys – with a special interest in augmented and virtual reality. Its book-publishing division, Mercury Inpress, produces printed books and companion apps that bring paper pages to life on mobile devices.
We are currently seeking an experienced Character Builds Artist to join our team for an exciting new production with worldwide exposure. Utilizing Harmony Toonboom 12, these talented individuals will create and rig characters and props, ensuring all art assets are flawless from all rotation views and rigged ready for animation.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Exceptional drafting skills specifically with digital drawing.
- Strong grasp of character anatomy.
- Able to take and give direction and work as part of an integral team.
- Able to collectively problem solve and share evolving techniques.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Experience using ToonBoom Harmony is considered an asset.*
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: CBA-0216 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.