Awesometown Entertainment is seeking an Intermediate Modeler to join the team on our 3D animated theatrical release. This 3D Modeler position will require you create characters, props and set models based on designs from the art department.
- Create and maintain 3D models for use in production.
- Work with modeling leads and the Art director to understand the stylized version of the production.
- Ensure all deliverables meet the needs of all receiving departments.
- Meet deadlines as established by production management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years of feature film modeling (3D and/or VFX)
- An understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry for assets in a production setting.
- Knowledge and polygonal and subdivision surface types.
- Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop experience, a plus
- Basic understanding of scripting and programming in Python or Mel, a plus
- Knowledge of anatomy and perspective
- Ability to accurately interpret 2D designs into 3D models. Knowledge of Maya rigging techniques a plus.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Should be able to take critique and direction well
- Able to help Junior Modelers with difficulties.
Contact Erika and Wes at email@example.com