Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in downtown Toronto is looking for a Matte Painter to join our team. With over 500+ artists and technical directors and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
JOB TITLE: Matte Painter
REPORTS TO: Art Director
The Matte Painter creates digital matte paintings in the style of the show, working from visual direction provided by the Show Director and/or Art Director. This role works in adherence to budget and schedule constraints, and troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create digital matte paintings in the style of the show, working from visual direction provided by the Show Director and/or Art Director
- Gather suitable reference material from various sources
- Produce concept art either manually or digitally
- Utilize 2-D Photoshop paintings blended with animated 3-D elements to create digital backgrounds and environments which match the overall look and feel of the film
- Revise work as per Show Director and/or Art Director feedback
- Provide creative input where appropriate
- Work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues as they arise
- Keep up to speed with current industry trends
- Perform additional duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of Art Department experience, preferably within the animated film industry
- Completed post-secondary education in fine arts, art fundamentals, classical animation, or other relevant area of study, with strong colour theory knowledge
- Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop
- 3D experience in Maya strongly recommended
- Strong traditional art skills with the ability to produce digitally appealing artwork
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
Experience creating 2D/3D overlays an asset Thank you for your interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please apply at our website @ http://www.arcproductions.com/careers
Comments are closed.