Type: Contract with the possibility of becoming permanent
Salary: TBD; Medical/dental benefits and RRSP plan available
Positions available: 1
Start Date: March 2016 – May 2017
About Mercury Filmworks: Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable and modern animated television properties including, The Lion Guard, Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Wander Over Yonder, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, and Toot & Puddle; along with several feature films including Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome, Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury Filmworks® is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Corus Entertainment, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Technicolor and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Connects, a technology company developing connected products from books to toys – with a special interest in augmented and virtual reality. Its book-publishing division, Mercury Inpress, produces printed books and companion apps that bring paper pages to life on mobile devices.
Job Description: We are currently seeking an experienced Storyboard Supervisor to join our team for an exciting new preschool series with worldwide exposure. This position reports to the Director and will act as the liaison between the Director and the artists to help implement the concepts of the storyboard.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience is required.
- Previous supervising experience would be a strong asset.
- Must have a strong portfolio.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have a passion for storytelling, sketching, conceptualizing and developing characters.
- Must be able to lead and motivate a team of Storyboard Artists to ensure quality in a timely manner.
- Must have strong communication skills to create script notes for the storyboard artists and revisionists.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and under pressure.
- Must be highly creative, with the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Storyboard Pro
How to Apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: SBS – 0314 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K2E 8C3