Nelvana Limited, A CORUS Entertainment Company
3D Technical Directors – Contract Position – Toronto, Ontario
Nelvana Limited has an exciting opportunity for a 3D Technical Directors in our Toronto office. Reporting directly to the Technical Supervisors, Directors and Producers, the successful candidate will be responsible for acting as a primary support for technical problems in the production department.
- Provide technical solutions to artists and other TD’s regarding the 3D software, and tools.
- Help engineer setups or tools to enable efficient throughput of frequently generated elements.
- Assist as required in modelling, rigging, texturing, lighting, assembly, rendering and compositing
- Communication with other departments/partner studios to facilitate the delivery of assets during production.
- Positive, pro-active attitude a must
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Experience with Combustion, Fusion, and Toxik a must.
- Expert technical knowledge of Maya and MEL Scripting
- Strong knowledge of 3D geometry formats, texture mapping options, and character setup.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interest in Animation Industry and emerging tools/related products
Interested applicants are invited to send a Portfolio, Demo Reel and Resume to:
Judy Leung, Manager Studio Operations
Corus Entertainment Inc.
25 Dockside Drive
Email address: email@example.com
* Please include 3D Technical Directors in the subject line on your email.
* No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Permanent Ontario residency is an asset.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities